Houston residential mirrors are a great way to decorate your space. They also hold a pretty special place in feng shui. In this article, we’ll discuss some common feng shui tips for mirror placement in your home.
Think About Placement for Houston Residential Mirrors for Feng Shui
Before you hang the mirrors in your home, consider how it might affect energy in feng shui. There are many things to consider, but we’ll go over some basic tips to help you get started.
What is Feng Shui?
First, what is feng shui? This is an ancient Chinese art of arranging buildings and objects to establish balance and promote peace. It addresses how energy (also known as chi or qi) flows through a home and how to use it to your advantage. It has become more and more popular to use in western culture as a way to arrange furnishings and other things inside your home.
Mirrors in particular are important to feng shui. They reflect and multiply things in their path, which can make a huge difference for the feng shui in your home.
Where to Place Houston Residential Mirrors
So, where exactly should you put Houston residential mirrors in your home according to feng shui? The beauty of this art is that it’s completely customized to you and your home. However, there are some tips that can help you get started. You may want to hang your mirrors:
- On Dining Room Walls: Mirrors on dining room walls can enhance your capacity for wealth, so typically having a mirror in the dining room is good for feng shui.
- Across from Desirable Views: If you have a beautiful view outside a particular window, then you may want to put a mirror across from it.
- In the Living Room: Mirrors in the living room reflect and multiply the type of company you have over. For most, that means increasing positive energy in your home. However, be wary if you frequently have negative guests, as mirrors in this area can also increase their negative energy.
As you can see, there are many places to put custom mirrors from your Houston glass company to help with feng shui and decoration in your home.
Where Not to Place Houston Residential Mirrors
Of course, there are also several places where mirrors may hinder feng shui. Here are some areas to avoid hanging mirrors according to feng shui:
- Work Areas: Placing a mirror in your home office is thought to multiply your workload.
- The Kitchen: The kitchen can hold negative energies according to feng shui, so avoid placing a mirror in your kitchen.
- Facing the Toilet: Feng shui also says you shouldn’t place mirrors that face the toilet. Also, this is a good rule of thumb to avoid the awkwardness of having to watch yourself do your business.
Northwest Glass & Mirror: Top Houston Glass Company
When you need Houston residential glass, call our team at Northwest Glass & Mirror. We have been serving the Greater Houston area since 1978 and are proud to offer top quality glass and mirrors for all your needs. Whether you need custom mirrors, windows, or storefront glass, we are here to help. Call us now at (28) 463-7801 to get a quote for residential or commercial glass!